Nutrition: Your Weight Loss Diet Plan and the Secret Recipes
You may not know it, but people all over the world are discovering that weight loss is not as difficult as they may have once thought. People are beginning to learn some of the secrets contained within this book and the recipes for success. I thought that I would detail the secrets in one place so that people of all ages can pick up the book and read when they feel that the pounds are creeping back on. Click here for more
Nutrition is the process of providing or obtaining food necessary for health and growth. Is the intake of food and using it for growth metabolism and repair. Nutrition as a study is the science that interprets the interaction of food nutrients and other substances in food with a maintenance of growth, good health, reproduction and fighting or prevention of diseases. It explains how various food component react in our body and how these nutrients impact on our body and metabolism.
Nutrition is important since eating a balanced diet is vital for good health and wellbeing. Food, in general, provides the body with energy, protein, essential fats, vitamins and minerals to live, grow and function properly. We need a variety of food to provide the right amount nutrients for the body to operate accordingly and enhance good health.
Good nutrition is vital for good health; it involves taking a well-balanced diet and regular physical activity. On the other hand, Poor nutrition leads to poor immunity, susceptibility to disease, impaired physical and mental development and reduced productivity. Poor nutrition exposes one to different diseases like obesity, heart attack, high blood pressure, kwashiorkor, rickets, etc.
There are various categories of nutrients that are necessary for good health. They include:
• Carbohydrates– this is the primary source of energy popularly known as energy giving food. This nutrient is from starch e.g. corn/maize, potatoes, etc. Excessive consumption of carbohydrate is not good for someone on a diet or if you are aiming to have a healthy life. The secret to consumption of starch is, eat proportionately; you can measure the quantity of carb with your fist so that you don’t consume too much of it or have a rule “no carbs after3 pm” so that after 3 pm one can eat vegetables, proteins or fruits.
• Fats– this is a source of energy and is important in relations to fat soluble vitamins. Fat is an essential nutrient too, but it is best to consume fat that is easily digestible. For instance, it is proper for one to cook with cholesterol- free fat like olive oil or any cholesterol- free fat/oil that won’t give your body hard time to digest.
• Fiber (roughage) – these are the tough, indigestible portion of our diet that are essential to our health and digestive system. Fiber include sweet potatoes, cassava, yams, arrowroot, oats, etc. Including fiber in our meals especially breakfast is the healthy way to go, but this should be eaten in portions.
• Minerals– These are chemical elements occurring in the body and are critical for normal body functioning.
• Proteins– These are known as bodybuilding food and are vital for growth and repair of muscles and body tissues. Protein can either be plant protein and animal protein. Where plant protein includes beans, green grams, lentils, peas, cow peas, etc. Animal proteins include pork, beef, mutton, chicken, etc. Excessive consumption of animal proteins is harmful to one’s health. It is better to consume more of plant proteins.
• Vitamins– these are important in many chemical processes in the body. Vitamins can either be vitamin A, B, C, D, E, F and K. they include fruits and vegetables. One can consume as many vegetables and fruits as they please. One can prepare a smoothie with fresh fruits and vegetables and incorporate it into their diet. Vitamins help in digestion maintain a proper metabolism.
• Water– we all know water is life and is crucial for normal body functioning. It is the vehicle that carries other nutrients. One should at least consume 2litre of water a day.
Despite taking a balanced diet and maintaining good nutritional value, it is important to do physical exercise. Physical exercises or workouts helps reduce weight and rejuvenate or revitalize one’s metabolism, mental state as well as the emotional state. Proper exercise plan contributes to maintain bodyweight and maintaining good health.