Individual Football Training: Drills to improve your skills
Individual Football Training
Do you want to practice the best drills to improve your soccer skills? Your success as a European league player depends on a number factors. They include your teamwork, decision making and strategy skills. That’s in addition to your ability to kick a ball. However, you need to do individual football training to master these qualities. These skills enable you to retain possession. This post gives you 5 drills to improve your skills.
- When practicing individual football training, the first thing you need to perfect is your passing. The reason is that passing enables your team to retain possession in tight angles. The best way to practice passing drills by yourself is by placing a soccer ball, or cone about 10 yards away from you’re standing.
- The cone or ball will simulate a teammate standing the same distance from you. Keep in mind that you want to ensure the ball reaches your teammate’s foot. Make sure you perfect it in such a way that it reaches the exact point where the cone or ball is.
- If you fail, it means that you have passed the ball to your opponents. You should also practice it by moving the ball with both of your feet, just as in real matches. Increase the distance by 5 more yards if you hit the initial target. Practice until you can achieve a pass 40 yards away.
- You should also practice this tactic in the air. That will ensure you can make perfect passes both on the field and the air.
- Another soccer drill to practice in your backyard is juggling. The reason is that you need to enjoy juggling with ease. Juggling enables you to control the ball in tight angles. You should also try different ways of juggling.
- They include backspin, side spin, without spin and topspin. Juggling ensures you make perfect passes in a football game. That’s because when playing in a football match, you may need to bend the ball around your opponent’s legs to complete passes.
- You may also need to make a backspin to keep the ball in play. You should also try catching the ball using both of your feet and onto of your foot and juggles again. Juggling skills ensure that you enjoy trapping.
- Trapping is one of the drills to improve your skills that you should you practice. It enables you to catch the ball out of the air. Practice it by kicking the ball into the air. Make a quick sprint, which also lets you keep fit.
- You should then use your laces on top of your foot to settle the ball to the ground. Ensure you control it well, avoiding it bouncing off the ground. This drill lets you keep the ball close and play it to your teammates.
- For more help click here
- Another football method to practice in your backyard is dribbling. Dribbling allows you to play while thinking ahead or your next move. To perfect it, try pushing the ball to spaces where your opponent can’t access it.
- You need to keep your eyes up while calculating where to make your next move. The best way is by practicing with a dog if you are alone. Dogs can act as your defender. Don’t make powerful shots that may hurt it. That’s because all you need to do is to make passes past your dog.
Kicking Your Soccer Ball against Walls
- Kicking your soccer ball against walls should be another drill to practice. For instance, you can use your garage wall. Make sure it’s of materials such as concrete or bricks. That avoids instances of damage. Don’t try this drill near windows. That also prevents breakages.
- Start by kicking it using the instep of your foot. Remember to alternate your feet. Make sure you stand at least 2 feet away from the wall.
- The next step is to strike the ball with both of your feet using your feet against the wall. That’s by allowing one bound only before striking. This tactic enables you to score goals out of rebounds.
The above drills to improve your skills should make it easier for you to enjoy individual football training. Remember the aim of this exercises is to increase your decision making speed, teamwork and also strategies when in tight spots.
For more help click here